“The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word, but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word and it bears no fruit.” -- Matthew 13:22
The lure of riches and material goods can sometimes distract us from having God at the center of our lives. The “things” and desire for material goods can “choke” God out. How can you make more time for God and make Him the emphasis of your life, so that you can bear fruit for His kingdom?
How to give when you can't get to mass
Mail your envelope to:
Assumption, 3516 E. Monroe, Midland, MI 48642
Or sign up online, see below…...
Cathedral Live Stream Mass Mass Times are:
You can watch directly on your computer or mobile device. Watch live Monday-Saturday at 8 a.m. and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Watch on any smart T.V. or using Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast or AppleTV, or other Devices
YouTube page on your smart T.V. or streaming device such as those listed above. If you don't see live video, you may have to wait for the live stream to begin.
Assumption Family of Faith weekday & weekend Limited and REstricted public Masses
ASSUMPTION Public Mass Celebrations GUIDELINES
Limited and restricted mass have begun; obligation to attend Mass lifted until Aug. 30
My Dear Fellow Parishioners,
We are to begin reopening our church for limited and restricted public worship. (See below for current schedule)
However, due to the ongoing pandemic, there will be a number of changes to our praying the Eucharist for the foreseeable future. These precautions, protocols and procedures have been arrived at with input from public health officials, our Diocese of Saginaw, our state government and what other dioceses around the country are choosing to implement.
1. Maintaining the health and safety of everyone in the community is our primary objective.
It is imperative for all of us to cooperate and work collaboratively to achieve this.
- MASKS must be worn by all attending the service(s).
- Please bring a mask and plan to wear it at all times in the parish buildings.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING must be maintained at all times.
- There will be designated pews and places with ushers helping to guide you.
- AVOIDING TOUCHING and CONTACT with what others have touched.
- We will limit all person-to-person contact by various procedures: doors will be open to avoid need to touch handles and there will be single-use worship aids.
- LIMITED SEATING CAPACITY is in effect as required by distancing.
- We will be limited to 115 worshipers at any given gathering.
- We STRONGLY DISCOURAGE those parishioners in the ‘higher risk’ categories from coming to join these services at this time.
- That would include all who are over 65, all with ongoing health issues or concerns and all experiencing any sort of illness or symptom. For your safety and the safety of others, PLEASE DO NOT COME at this time.
- Bishop Gruss has suspended the obligation for attending Sunday liturgies till the end of summer and there are many online opportunities for Mass and other prayer readily available. Please make use of these resources instead.
2. Operational Disciplines, to which we ask you to adhere:
- Please arrive early, because we will be adhering to facial covering and social distancing as we enter the church. Also hand sanitizer will be available. This will take longer than in the past.
- Doors will be open, there will be marks on the floor to ensure adequate spacing and ushers will direct each individual, couple or family to seating. Please wait for your turn.
- Please plan to stay in your assigned seat until mass is over. If you must leave, please contact an usher to guide you out.
- Restroom use will be very limited, so please attend to those needs at home.
- Communion will be provided for those who wish to receive at the very end of the gathering with ministers at the rear of the church. After you receive, you will then depart and return to your cars. The ushers will guide you to exit in an orderly manner. Please wait your turn and maintain distancing as this will also take longer than before.
- Any other gathering before or after Mass on church property must be avoided.
- For your protection, all surfaces will have been sanitized before and after each mass.
3. Current Schedule:
- Weekday Mass Wednesday and Thursday at 9:00 a.m. (with all above limitations) For weekday Masses, please use the South entrance.
- Saturday, Mass at 4:30 p.m. (all above restrictions and procedures will be in effect).
- Sunday, Mass at 9:30 a.m. (all above restrictions and procedures will be in effect).
Thank you all for all you’ve done while we’ve been “distanced” and for your attention to these currently necessary procedures and practices as we hope and pray for healing and a future full of hope.
Directives Saginaw Diocese
- All of the faithful over the age of 2 will be required to wear face coverings to Mass, keep at least six feet apart at all times when inside a parish church or on parish grounds (excluding those of the same household) and capacity inside churches may not exceed 20- 25 percent, according to the directives issued on May 19. The 25 percent figure follows state guidelines for other types of buildings, such as retail stores.
Mass, Rosary and Confession Schedule
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm follow restrictive guidelines please.
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am follow restrictive guidelines please.
- Mass Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am - follow restrictive guidelines please. For weekday Masses, please use the South entrance.
- Please know that the church doors will be opened from 10:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m., Mon thru Thurs, if anyone is in need of a quiet place to pray and/or meditate.
- Confession by appointment
- Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
cHILDRENS LITURGY OF THE WORD - clow
by Mrs. Dauenhauer , Blessed Sacrament, Midland, Michigan
CLOW - Pentecost Sunday
CLOW - Ascension Sunday
CLOW - Fifth Sunday of Easter
CLOW - Fourth Sunday of Easter
CLOW - Third Sunday of Easter
CLOW - Second Sunday of Easter
CLOW - First Sunday of Easter