Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedules
Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am - follow restrictive guidelines please. For weekday Masses, please use the South entrance.
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm - follow restrictive guidelines please.
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am - follow restrictive guidelines please.
- Please know that the church doors will be opened from 10:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m., Mon thru Thurs, if anyone is in need of a quiet place to pray and/or meditate.
CLOW - Children's Liturgy of the Word
Reconciliation by appointment only.
Scheduled Ministries - to be updated
Directions, Church/Office Hours
- Get Directions 3516 E. Monroe Rd. Midland, Mi 48642 1-(989)-631-4447
- Office Hours: CLOSED—But someone will be in the office from 9am-3pm Mon-Thurs & 9am-noon on Fri to answer calls. Please call if you need an appointment with someone on staff.
Calendar seasonal hours
Thank you for joining us this week. We hope you are enjoying your summer. If you are interested in becoming a member of Assumption, please call the parish office at 989-631-4447, we would love to have you grow in faith with us and our community.
O God, you have made us your guests in this world, the earth you created for all. We remember how you sent your angels to Abraham and Sarah to be received as guests. By their hospitality, Abraham and Sarah received a message of hope and life.
Bless us and our hospitality. May our guests be a blessing to us and reveal your presence to us. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Our Parish is blessed with loving, compassionate people. Thank you for sharing your time and talents.
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK for Thursday, July 23, 2020 at Assumption
- With the great success in 2019 when we hosted the distribution truck, we are doing it again this summer. We have a lot of need in the community due to the loss of jobs, the flooding and the Pandemic.
- We have reached and exceeded our goal for the cost of the truck and for our volunteers, THANK YOU!!!
All Volunteers: more information will be coming soon! Please contact Ann Schoren 989-751-4378 or Sharon in the office at 989-631-4447 if you have questions. Thank You, Christian Service CommitteeFood Truck Parish Prayer Hear us, O Lord our God, and help us with healing love and hope. Those in need in our midst are beautiful in your eyes, O Mighty One, and You anguish at their distress as they cry to you for assistance. Let these, our fellow Children of God, not despair but put their faith in your unfailing love. May our Community of Faith answer your call for justice and shine brightly in service to all.Stirred by the spiritual gifts of compassion and generosity that you graced us with at Baptism, help us to share the bounty you have poured out upon our lives.For those that come to us seeking help, may we joyously give donations of food, money, physical labor and prayer to renew their health and to build their faith.We praise you and thank you for the opportunity to share ourselves in the lives of others, knowing that in doing so you bring sweetness into every soul.In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen. Written by Maria Dvorak
"Thank you so much to those who have already given to the fund, our parish gave $4,300. Blessings!"
Our retired diocesan priests continue to impact the lives of thousands of people each year. These men, who have dedicated their lives to the church, have very modest incomes. The diocese Priests’ Retirement Fund helps to support those priests who are currently retired and those who are now serving the Catholic Diocese in their futures.
Please carefully and prayerfully consider a donation to this fund. Envelopes for this special collection are in your regular envelope packet or you can give online.
You can also support our priests in these ways:
- Pray for our priests
- Make a charitable distribution from your financial portfolio
- Consider remembering the Priests’ Retirement Fund in your estate planning
Our Christian Service update on our parish response to the Covid pandemic and the devastating Flood of 2020.
Through the generous monetary gifts from several parishioners that donated their stimulus checks, along with our assistance fund, we were able to help those in our parish and beyond with financial assistance that found themselves without an income during Covid. With the help of Stitch and Prayer, several hundred masks were made for our local hospital and other care facilities. And…when we thought things were looking a little better along came the Flood of 2020!! Again, proud to say Assumption Parish pulled through with “Generous Hearts.” We were able to help with financial assistance to 11 families from Assumption totaling $8,650. We also sent a $1,000 check to Fr. Dan to help his parish people of Our Lady of Grace.
Again, Stitch and Prayer made over 100 blankets and more to give to the Sanford community. Helped Open Door with two days of 500 sack lunches to bring to families displaced by the Flood waters and living in motels. These lunches were made by several of our teens and other volunteers from the parish. Also, a shout out to ALL the Assumption families that gave a helping hand to many families that needed the physical labor.
Assumption Parish always pulls through with responding to Matthew 25…For when I was hungry you gave me to eat….
Many Blessing to all of you! Christian Service Commission
We have great news!! We are bringing VBS to YOU!
Visit web page VBS 2020 to access Parent Leader Guide, Bolt portal and more. It's Free!
Assumption is sharing resources so ALL our families can enjoy a backyard VBS experience called BOLT.
Why should we include BOLT VBS into our summer plans?
- It can be led by older siblings, babysitters, grandparents, ...really anyone hanging out with your kids!
- You can invite other family members, neighbors, friends to experience VBS with you!
- It can be done anytime this summer—even multiple times if you want!
- It is FREE!!
With minimal preparation, easy to follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to experience at home anytime during your family’s busy summer schedule.
We highly recommend reading the “Parent and Leader Guide” ahead of time. The guide will give you step-by-step directions for using BOLT. It really is easy!
And most important—your children will learn to listen to, focus on and follow Jesus. So what are you waiting on?? Let’s BOLT!!
High School: Brendan Bostwick, Xander Brooks, Benjamin Brueck, Collin Che, David Draves, Samantha Dubay, Abigail Farnum, Carissa Farnum, Tyler Foy, Jillian Krawczak, Allison Leslie, Brenna Losinski, Nikki Melichar, Alec Newton, Lewis Nguyen, Jessica Perz, Toby Rey, Jack Sczepanski, Carlie Servinski, Brett Waskevich, and Lora Waskevich
College: Stewart Zondlak
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13