Annual Mardi Gras March 2020
Mardi gras, after Mass - kIDS AND ADULTS, Abvm
Cajun Inspired Dinner, DJ, Bingo, Teen Hangout Area, Wine and Beer Tasting, Children's Games and Craft Area.
Silent Auction Too! - Seeking silent auction donations from parishioners, business owners, and/or families of business owners that we can include in the silent auction.
Call 989-631-4447 or email Sarah Hocking .
Thank you - our 2019 FALL RUMMAGE SALE a HUGH success! $5,900
The Fall Rummage Sale was once again the ultimate collaborative effort of volunteers, generous donors and shoppers. An impressive total of $5,900 helps us support ten charities. Over 100 rummage sales!!!
We are looking forward to your continued support in the Spring Rummage Sale in April 2020. Please consider being a part of our team as a few of our current members will not be able to return due to health related issues.
Semiannual Rummage Sale - oCTOBER 15, 16, 17, 2019
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church Semiannual 2019 Rummage Sale!! oCTOBER 15, 16, 17, Drop off October 10-14
3516 E Monroe Rd, Midland, MI 48642, (Corner of Jefferson & Monroe)
The SALE HOURS are:
Tuesday, October 15: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday, October 16: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday, October 17: 9:00 – noon (bag day and half off marked items)
DROP OFF ITEMS:
Thurs, Fri and Sat, Oct. 10 to 12 from 9 to 5 pm, and, Sunday, Oct. 13 from noon to 5 pm and Monday, Oct. 14 from 9 to 5 pm
Almost 100 Rummage Sales since 1965!
First rummage sale was held October 1965! First one held at Assumption was October 1971.
ANNUAL Bazaar - November 9, 2019
First Bazaar was held at the Midland Armory in December 1972!
49th Annual Assumption Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale, Sat, Nov 9th
The bazaar will be held on Saturday, November 9th. Raffle donations are needed, such as new merchandise, gift cards—business services, sporting events, etc., and of course cash is always welcome! All proceeds from the bazaar are given to local charities. Donations can be dropped off at the parish office. Thank you for your generosity!
Buy your Bazaar Raffle Tickets Now
- 1st prize is the quilt on display, 2nd prize $300.00 cash, 3rd prize $200.00 cash and there will be other donated prizes.
- Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. Tickets will be available before and after Mass up until the day of the Bazaar, and in the office during the week.
- Make checks payable to Assumption. The winning tickets will be drawn Nov. 9th at the Bazaar.
Assumption Church 49th Annual Bazaar Craft Bazaar and Bake Sale Update Sat, Nov 9th 8:30 am — 3:30 pm
VENDOR TABLES – The Bazaar has over 60 vendors and has expanded with some bigger vendors in classrooms. Be sure to come and shop!
- RAFFLE – Tickets are on sale for $5 each or 5 for $20. 1st Prize Quilt, 2nd Prize $300.00 and 3rd Prize $200.00. There are also donated items you might win!
- DONATIONS – for the Raffle are welcome anytime.
- BAKE SALE – Please bake some of your special homemade goodies and drop them off for the Bake Sale on Friday. The more baked goodies donated, the more the Bake Sale can sell!
- NOODLES – Learn how to make egg noodles with some of the best cooks at Assumption! Lots of fun, laughter and conversation. No experience necessary.
- CINNAMON ROLLS – Roll, twist, and sugar, bake and share the best aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. No experience necessary, lots of fun and fellowship!
- CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP – Come and learn how to make it from scratch, the best soup you will ever have with wonderful conversation, and friends. Everyone welcome.
- SLOPPY JOES – Another secret recipe shared with those who help and an opportunity for fun, fellowship and conversation.
- DECORATING – Setting up tables, chairs, table decorations, and signage for the Bazaar. A little help with the planning for this is also needed.
- ADVERTISING – Help distributing flyers and putting up signage.
How can you help?
Pray for a Successful Bazaar, By Donating Baked Goods, By Donating Raffle Items, By Volunteering, By Coming to the Bazaar and Shopping
Volunteers Needed! Call or come and help!
We are in need of someone to take care of the Bazaar Raffle Contact Val Rossi 631-4447.
- Mon., Nov 4th 8am – noon Making Egg Noodles for the Bake Sale— Linda Horbal 631-4447 and Kathy Curtis 859-5225
- Thurs., Nov 7th Starting at 9am Bagging Noodles
- Thurs., Nov 7th 1pm – 4pm Making Chicken Noodle Soup and Sloppy Joes— K of C Assumption
- Fri., Nov 8th 8am – noon Making Cinnamon Rolls - Linda Stopka 832-0419
- 8am Bake Sale Donations Accepted - Julene Dobrzelewski 835-6700
- 10am—12 noon Helping with Table Set-up - Chris Batcke 835-9784