CHILDREN Sessions for ALL levels!
- April 5, 12 No CFF (Spring Break & Easter)
CLOW - Childrens Liturgy of the Word video - 5th Sunday of Lent
By Ansley Dauenhauer Blessed Sacrament Parish, Midland, Michigan
Sacramental Prep. classes have begun and continue to meet.
May 8th—BOTH the Sacraments of Confirmation and First Eucharist will be celebrated together with Bishop Gruss at 7pm.
Vacation Bible School, June 15-18, 9am-Noon @ Assumption
Ride the rails to the fun at VBS!
For 4 year olds thru future 5th graders.
Held by Assumption BVM, Blessed Sacrament and St. Brigid at Assumption BVM
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN (for participants and volunteers)
Questions? Contact Sarah Hocking
Our Children's Envelope Collection march
The March collection will go to Catholic Relief Services.
“For it is in the giving that we receive.” ~ St. Francis of Assisi
Click above for latest Partners in Faith document.
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL, Is now Enrolling and Accepting Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year!
Catholic schools are very successful in providing an excellent education and spiritual formation for children. This can be attributed to the high level of involvement, commitment, and dedication on the part of our parents, faculty, administration, and parish community.
At Blessed Sacrament Catholic School, our devoted teachers are well-educated, experienced, and caring. Our students are guided daily by the principles of their Catholic Faith — love, respect, and compassion — as they interact with those around them. Our parents are dedicated to ensuring that our school continues to prosper. In the classroom, the playground, the office, and the cafeteria, we pride ourselves in making Christ’s love visible throughout the entire school. For more information, visit the Admissions page on Blessed Sacrament’s website!
SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION CLASS
As a community of faith, let us offer our prayers of support for these children who are preparing to complete their Sacraments of Initiation (Confirmation and First Eucharist) and who will soon be celebrating their First Reconciliation. We can surely recognize the love of Christ reflected in these beautiful faces. And we recall that Jesus says: “Let the children come to me, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.” (Mt. 19:14)
Front Row Manuel Prado, Owen Nash, Penelope Hasso, Zoey Owens Audry Fitak
Back Row Noah Simmons, Cora Roberts, Beau Roberts, Kaleb Swingle, Hailey Swingle, Gram Williams
For latest information and updates on program cancellations due to the virus, please click here.
YOUTH MINISTRY classes cancelled until further notice
I invite all middle school & high school families to check out ProjectYM Live on Sunday evenings at 8 pm. Connect at ProjectYM.com/watch. I will email discussion questions ahead of time to share with your teens.
We are praying that our families stay healthy during the coming weeks. During this time of fear and uncertainty, may we all come together in love for God and love of others. I will continue to be in contact with families by email. If you are not receiving emails on a regular basis, please let me know. Thanks!! ~ Kathy Russell
Attention High School Students!!!
The Youth 2 Youth Retreat is April 25-26. Love, Security
Forms are available in the gathering space or parish office. This is one opportunity you don’t want to miss!!
Questions: Contact Kathy Russell
At this time, we are still taking registrations. We will continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 virus and follow all advised guidelines as the date of the retreat draws near.
Attention ALL Middle and High School Students YOU can be a part of the BIGGEST (VIRTUAL) YOUTH NIGHT EVER!!!
Join teens from over 2,100 parishes nationwide to worship, pray, play a game and hear a message, this week, from Fr. Mike Schmitz on the evening of Palm Sunday. Sign in to PROJECTYM.COM/WATCH Sunday evenings from 8-9 pm.
Discussion questions will be emailed to parents before hand. Parents, you are invited to watch along with them and use the questions to start the conversation. After all, you are their primary youth minister!! The event can be accessed on any device with a web browser, but the faster the connection, the better.
For more information or if you need the discussion questions to go with the sessions, contact Kathy Russell.
ATTENTION LITURGICAL MINISTERS
The next Liturgical Ministry schedule for APRIL, MAY and JUNE will soon be generated. If you know of any dates that you will NOT be available to serve, please submit your dates on-line by Friday, March 13th. Or contact Cathy in the office. If you would like to serve in any of the ministries we would love to have you! Thank you for your ministry to Assumption!
In light of the Governor's executive order earlier today, staring Tuesday, March 17th, we will be switching our soup kitchen meals to a grab-and-go model. Open Door will still serve our traditional hot lunch items, as well as our standard take-out meals, while limiting gathering in a shared space. We are also extending our lunch hours from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM to help with these changes.
With kids out of school and people off work, some of our faithful volunteers are caring for their extended family and are therefore unable to volunteer at the Open Door. If you are healthy and available to serve, we need your help! Please call our office at 989-835-2291 if you can step in.
Hot Lunch & Sack Dinner
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Extended lunch hours: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Open Door will continue to provide free meals and shelter for our community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A big THANK YOU to so many of you who have donated funds and dropped off supplies! We still need the following items as we continue to feed our community: paper coffee cups, sandwich storage bags, paper lunch bags, latex gloves (M, L, XL), wrapped disposable utensils with napkins, snack-size storage bags, fresh fruit-oranges and bananas, Gordon Food Service gift cards, individual packets of: salad dressing, coffee creamer, sugar, mayo.
Stitch and Prayer SEWING GROUP
Do you crochet, knit, sew, or quilt? If so, Stitch and Prayer may be just the place for you! We are a group of people who enjoy our craft and are dedicated to helping others throughout our local community, and beyond. All skill levels are welcome! We work on our favorite projects at home, and bring them to our monthly meetings to donate. Meetings take place at Assumption in the parish hall at 9:45 a.m.
- Calendar on website.
- The Stitch and Prayer Group.
- Thank you for 10 years of love and support for our ministry.
- Come join us!
- Contact: Laura Ornelas, 989-506-2278 or Kathie Grzesiak, 839-8451.
- Stitch and Prayer Kits Are Back….If you are a sewer and would like to work on one of the Stitch and Prayer kits, please check out the baskets on the cart in the gathering area. We have included kits with all necessary materials, and instructions.
- When you are finished with your project, please return it to the basket provided. All completed items will be donated to community members in need. Thank you!
- We distributed a total of 6,503 items in 2018 and 2019.
- How might I help?
- Mission Statement: We seek to comfort the bereaved by offering a funeral luncheon.
- Anyone interested in helping with this ministry would be most welcomed.
- Luncheon worker: Help set up, serve meal, and clean up.
- Funeral Luncheon Team Leaders:
- Roe Baker (989) 835-5473, Donna Semanco (989) 631-0872, Jean Krause (989) 631-1050, Mary Smith (989) 245-2479, Annette Meyers (989) 698-6601, Linda Stopka
- Church Provides: Ham, meatballs, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans, and beverages.
- Food donations: Desserts such as pies, cakes, and cookies. Salads such as pasta salad, jello salad, fruit salad, peas and peanuts. Side dishes such as macaroni and cheese, corn casserole, broccoli and rice. Also needed are rolls and cheese slices.
- Sign up sheets are at the Welcome Circle. Any questions: Contact a team leader,
- March 28/29, 2020
- Adults & Visitors $1,280.00
- Online Giving $1,245.00
- Catholic Relief Services $965.00
The John Paul II Foundation of Michigan is offering 2 pilgrimages for 2020 to celebrate St. John Paul II's 100th birthday.
For my New Year's Resolution, why not consider a pilgrimage
April 23-May 5: Rome and Southern Italy; $3,350
Aug. 3-14: Poland and Eastern Europe: $3,879
For more information: https://johnpaul2foundationofmichigan.com
Fred Mroczek 989-635-3453
Catholic Women Statewide Convention, Friday and Saturday morning, April 24-25, Frankenmuth at the Bavarian Inn
- The Detroit Province Council of Catholic Women invites all Catholic women to join them for a statewide convention, with the theme of Beacons of Light, to be held on:
- Friday and Saturday morning, April 24-25, in Frankenmuth at the Bavarian Inn Lodge & Conference Center. This convention coincides with the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the National Council of Catholic Women.
- The following speakers will be presenting to enrich our faith: Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP; Fr. Patrick Maher; Bill Richart; Elizabeth Gengle; and Sheri Wohlfert. At least four bishops from Michigan dioceses will be presiding at the Eucharistic Liturgy at Blessed Trinity Church, Frankenmuth.
- For registration information, please call Rita Maher (SDCCW Pres.) at 989-635-7072.
Saginaw Chapter of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians, Fri. April 17
A fun evening of singing and socializing will take place to benefit the Saginaw Chapter of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians. Local diocesan musicians, cantors and clergy will lead us in our singing. Open to the public - all are welcome. $15 per person or $135 for a table of ten. Cost includes: Tony Alonso's Revival Songbook, two drink tickets, h'ors d'oeuvres, and one ticket for the raffle. Fri. April 17 at Horizon's in Saginaw & Fri. April 24 at Doubletree - Bay City from 6:30-8:30pm. Call Beth at 989-790-7334 for tickets or visit SCNPM.org.
ATTENTION ALL MACC Widowed Friends, 1st & 3rd Thursday play Cards @ Assumption CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Reminder, we are meeting on the first and third Thursday of every month at Assumption Church to play cards. Please join us. Coffee and water are provided. If you have a friend who is a widow or widower who would like to come, they are welcome to join us. Contact Pat Blasy for any questions at 631-2140. Widowed Friends Committee
Yoga For Health
CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please join us for Yoga for Health on Tuesdays 4:00-5:15 pm in Gathering Space. All levels are accommodated. Call Indira 835-1127 for questions. See monthly calendar.
WOMEN’S CHRIST RENEWS
Join the women from the Midland area faith community on Saturday, May 2nd and Sunday, May 3rd, 2020 for a weekend renewal of faith. Hosted at the Blessed Sacrament Parish Center, women over the age of 18 are invited to share in prayerful reflection and listen to talks from other women. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, please consider joining us for this unique opportunity where you will find plenty of learning and laughter all in a very relaxed atmosphere.
Visit the Blessed Sacrament Parish website for more information. Register online by visiting www.blessed-midland.org or pick up a brochure at the parish office. Is God calling you to renew your faith? Then sign up now!