Children’s Faith Formation Families: We need your opinion!
We are currently exploring several different models for how to structure our CFF program this year.
If you are considering or plan to enroll your children (preschool thru 5th grade) in our 2020-2021 faith formation program, we would be grateful for your opinion and feedback on certain topics and would also like to assess family resources. A brief, online survey was emailed out this past week to families who were enrolled in CFF last year. If you missed the link or are new to the program, please visit and take the quick survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XCDSJ5W Thank you - Sarah Hocking
Summer Reading Suggestion for Families
Everyone Belongs (written by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) empowers families and young readers to reflect on the reality of racism in our society, to see it through the lens of history and faith, and act towards respect, understanding, and friendship. Found on Amazon and other publishers for under $10.
Visit www.usccb.org/racism for more excellent faith based resources on how people of all ages can take a stand against racism.
We have great news!! We are bringing VBS to YOU!
Visit web page VBS 2020 to access Parent Leader Guide, Bolt portal and more. It's Free!
Assumption is sharing resources so ALL our families can enjoy a backyard VBS experience called BOLT.
Why should we include BOLT VBS into our summer plans?
- It can be led by older siblings, babysitters, grandparents, ...really anyone hanging out with your kids!
- You can invite other family members, neighbors, friends to experience VBS with you!
- It can be done anytime this summer—even multiple times if you want!
- It is FREE!!
With minimal preparation, easy to follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to experience at home anytime during your family’s busy summer schedule.
We highly recommend reading the “Parent and Leader Guide” ahead of time. The guide will give you step-by-step directions for using BOLT. It really is easy!
And most important—your children will learn to listen to, focus on and follow Jesus. So what are you waiting on?? Let’s BOLT!!
Click above for latest Partners in Faith document.
YOUTH MINISTRY Registration Email
Watch for the Faith Formation registration email coming your way next weekend. Looking ahead to our Fall YM program, ‘Called to Love’. Until then, I encourage you to use the Connect! Sunday Reflection, found below, to have a faith based discussion on the Sunday readings with your youth.
Blessings on your summer spiritual journey. Enjoy the summer days!! Peace ~ Kathy Russell (email@example.com)
Witness Youth Event Moved to October 2021. Join us for Online Event Scheduled for Nov. 1, 2020
For safety reasons, the date of our in-person Witness high school youth event will be moved to Oct. 30, 2021.
This year, we invite all local high school age youth to an online event on Nov. 1, 2020. This event will include a message from Bishop Gruss, other inspiring speakers and great music.
More details about the event on Nov. 1, 2020 will shared at witnessevent.org
For more information contact Kathy Russell
Sunday Reflection FOR SUNDAY AUGUST 9th The 19th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 1 Kings 19:9A, 11-13A
- Romans 9:1-5
- Matthew 14:22-33
A WHISPERED INVITATION
God is calling to us today, like Peter. The winds and waves may be in the form of politics, riots, and disease, the big and loud things seeking to get our attention. God is speaking in a whisper, still inviting each one of us to recognize Him amidst the trials and have just a tiny bit of faith to come to Him. Read the full reflection here: https://www.4lpi.com/blog/a-whispered-invitation
ATTENTION LITURGICAL MINISTERS
The next schedule will be for July, August and Sept. If you would like to serve in any of the ministries we would love to have you! Thank you for your ministry to Assumption!
- How might I help?
- Mission Statement: We seek to comfort the bereaved by offering a funeral luncheon.
- Anyone interested in helping with this ministry would be most welcomed.
- Luncheon worker: Help set up, serve meal, and clean up.
- Funeral Luncheon Team Leaders:
- Roe Baker (989) 835-5473, Donna Semanco (989) 631-0872, Jean Krause (989) 631-1050, Mary Smith (989) 245-2479, Annette Meyers (989) 698-6601, Linda Stopka
- Church Provides: Ham, meatballs, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans, and beverages.
- Food donations: Desserts such as pies, cakes, and cookies. Salads such as pasta salad, jello salad, fruit salad, peas and peanuts. Side dishes such as macaroni and cheese, corn casserole, broccoli and rice. Also needed are rolls and cheese slices.
- Sign up sheets are at the Welcome Circle. Any questions: Contact a team leader,
Stitch and Prayer SEWING GROUP
Do you crochet, knit, sew, or quilt? If so, Stitch and Prayer may be just the place for you! We are a group of people who enjoy our craft and are dedicated to helping others throughout our local community, and beyond. All skill levels are welcome! We work on our favorite projects at home, and bring them to our monthly meetings to donate. Meetings take place at Assumption in the parish hall at 9:45 a.m.
- Calendar on website.
- The Stitch and Prayer Group.
- Thank you for 10 years of love and support for our ministry.
- Come join us!
- Contact: Laura Ornelas, 989-506-2278 or Kathie Grzesiak, 839-8451.
- Stitch and Prayer Kits Are Back….If you are a sewer and would like to work on one of the Stitch and Prayer kits, please check out the baskets on the cart in the gathering area. We have included kits with all necessary materials, and instructions.
- When you are finished with your project, please return it to the basket provided. All completed items will be donated to community members in need. Thank you!
- We distributed a total of 6,503 items in 2018 and 2019.
August 1/2, 2020
- Weekly Envelopes $4,550
- Online Giving (7/27-8/2) $3,300
- Weekend Total $7,850
- Weekly Goal $7,700
- Overage/(Shortfall) $150
HEAL YOUR MARRIAGE—Do you feel lost, alone or bored in your marriage?
Are you frustrated, hurt or angry? Are you constantly fighting?
Have you thought about separation or divorce?
RETROUVAILLE CAN HELP!!!
150,000+ Marriages served since 1977. Tremendous success rate!
Retrouvaille is the alternative to divorce!
"We cannot thank you enough. This weekend has been the answer to our prayers. It truly is a miracle ministry.” (Metro Detroit Couple, 2019)
The next Metro Detroit Retrouvaille weekend is August 21-23, 2020
We will take all necessary COVID-19 precautions to assure the health and safety.
Call 800-470-2230 or go to our website at HelpOurMarriage.org.