- Early registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin for all grades (Preschool thru High School).
- Please contact the office if you did not receive a packet.
- Return all completed forms to the office.
- Thank you, Kathy and Sarah
- Join us next year as we explore and celebrate the theme—
WITNESS: SHOW AND TELL OUR STORY
While faith formation is not in session, our children’s collection will be added to the general church collection and put to good use in many ways.
Continue to check out the bulletin and website each week for various activities.
A Prayer of Summer Joy
- Loving God, We give you thanks for the beauty of summer.
- Let us join with other creatures in emerging from winter darkness into the full light of the season.
- May love emerge in us as well, giving rise to praise for you and for the gifts of your creation.
- Help us to weather the storms that hit without warning and do damage to heart and soul.
- Turn our faces towards the sun and let joy be the mantle we carry throughout this blessed time. In your holy name, we pray. Amen.
YOUTH - Summer Activities
Even though Youth Ministry has ended its sessions for the year……...watch the bulletin, website and your emails for fun Summer activities that may arise!!
John Paul II Summer HS Youth Ministry Gathering July 24th, 2019, by Jul 17
Cost: $20 Canoe, Kayak or Tube the Cedar River, Gladwin. Includes: Lunch, River Trip, Mass and BBQ Dinner!! Registration forms are in the gathering space and in the parish office. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Kathy Russell at: Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org
Registration deadline: Wednesday, July 17th!
Thank you! FOR POP CANS AND BOTTLES….
We continue to collect cans and bottles for Youth Ministry. There is a barrel in the hallway near the classrooms. The money collected is used to help fund our youth events. We could use help with taking them back each month if you have a little time to spare!!! Please call the Parish Office. Thank you!
Middle School and High School Students…
Thursday, July 25th Food Pantry Truck Distribution
Here at Assumption 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m. Contact Mrs. Russell with questions or to volunteer!! Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org The generous will be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.” ~ Proverbs 22:9
Manus Dei (Hand of God) Middle School Service Retreat Aug. 19-21, 2019 @ St Brigid, by July 17
- Location: Saint Brigid Catholic Church
- Cost: $30 per ABVM attendee
- For more information contact Kathy Russell at email@example.com
- Registration Deadline: July 17th
- Flyers & Registration forms are in the gathering space and the parish office.
Hey 6th, 7th and 8th Graders! Wanna go to KOKOMO’S?, Thur, Aug 29, 1-4 pm, Cost: $17. Register by Aug 22
- Includes: Unlimited FUN!
- Laser Tag! Miniature Golf!
- Bumper Boats! Go-Carts!
- Plus 1 slice of pizza & 1 small pop!
Contact Kathy Russell or see the registration form in the gathering space for more information. Registration deadline: Thursday, August 22nd.
OCTOBER 27TH – OCTOBER 30TH - 2nd MACC MISSION
- Presenters: Fr. Fran Daly S.J. and Sr. Kathie Budesky I.H.M.
- Concert on Wednesday, October 30th ValLimar Jansen at Assumption
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.
- Mass, Presentations, Dinners, Baby Sitting, Mini-VBS, Concert and More!
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes. All interested in helping plan and implement this event are invited to an informational session on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:30pm, at Assumption. For further information or to RSVP for the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for the mission will begin in August.
new HANDICAP DOOR - North Side, South Side Coming
Did you notice we have a new operating handicap door available on the north entrance of church? And we are now “moving toward” providing similar accommodation for the south entry…
My name is Don Martinski. I am a volunteer for the Food Truck at Assumption.
Last year I was asked by the chairperson of the Food Truck, Sue Barta, to organize the loading of the cars, 150 or more, in the parking lot for the free grocery pick-up. I met with the food truck personnel at St. Johns Parish-food giveaway, to learn the safe way to pass out free food to a large group of people without the volunteers getting hurt. We will make it a safe, respectable, and organized event so everyone gets fed.
Doing this volunteer work helps me feel that I am doing God’s work to feed the hungry.
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
We are in need of boxes to put the food items into for the people receiving food. It needs to be a good size but not so big it won’t fit in a grocery cart. Please put in the designated area in the gathering space. Thank you!
Our Christian Service Committee would like to draw your attention to our poster in the gathering space regarding our MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK for. With the great success in 2018 when we hosted the distribution truck, we are doing it again this summer.
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We have reached our goal for volunteers!
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
BLOOD DRIVE Monday, July 15, 2:00pm-7:00pm
- It’s in you to give blood. Knights of Columbus Fr. Henry P. DuRussel Council #2141, 3516 E. Monroe Rd., Midland 1-866-MIBLOOD, miblood.org
- Photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID REQUIRED
- Appointment Preferred Questions? Call 1-866-MIBLOOD
- Attempting donors will receive a pair of Versiti flip-flops WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, ONE KID AT A TIME
Please consider becoming a mentor for a teenager at the Juvenile Care Center. As little as one hour a week could make a huge difference in a child’s life. You don’t need any special talents and activities could be as simple as: go for a walk, toss a ball around, have a meal together, try a new activity. All it takes is a caring heart and the ability to listen and be a friend.
Every child is one caring adult away from becoming a success story – you could be that adult!
Call or email Sue Landis at Midland Mentors for more information 837-6255 or email@example.com.
Catholic Relief Services
Thank you for your generous support of The Catholic Relief Services Collection and for helping Jesus in disguise. Your contributions will make a difference for the poor and marginalized around the world. If you missed the collection, it’s not too late to give!
Just visit www.usccb.org/nationalcollections, and click on the “How to Give” link on the left. Or drop your donation in the collection basket— you received an envelope in your packet.
CSA - Catholic Services Appeal
Your gifts to CSA allow the Vicar General to serve the 56 parishes of the Diocese. He works closely with pastors and pastoral administrators to help ensure that parish reorganizations are proceeding according to plans. He also connects parishes with diocesan offices and services when a specific parish need is identified. The services of the Vicar General are one of the many ministries offered through the office of the Bishop made possible by your gift to CSA. You may place your pledge in the collection basket or drop it off to the office during the week. Thank you!
Catholic Diocese of Saginaw Priests’ Retirement Fund
Gifts to the Priests’ Retirement Fund go directly to the priests’ pension plan, where it is invested and held in a trust account. The pension plan provides for the monthly pension and medical benefits of the currently retired diocesan priests. The account will also fund the
retirement of priests who actively serve the diocese now! Please carefully and prayerfully consider a donation to this fund. Thank you so much to those who have already given to the fund, our parish gave $6,360. Blessings!
Soup Kitchen Volunteers
Assumption provides lunch servers at the Open Door soup kitchen on the 1st Wednesday and 3rd Saturday of every month. If you would like to try out this ministry, please contact the parish office or call Ray at 631-5160.
GREAT LAKES LOONS OUTING, Sunday August 18, @ 2:05 pm
Get your tickets soon!
Step up to the plate and join your fellow MACC parishioners on
SUNDAY, AUGUST 18th (2:05 pm game) as the Great Lakes Loons battle the South Bend Cubs. Hear the MACC choir sing the National Anthem and cheer on the Loons.
Tickets are $23 (pavilion, including buffet meal from 1-3 pm) and $7 (lawn, ticket only)
Make checks payable to the Great Lakes Loons.
You may buy tickets in the gathering space after most weekend Masses or tickets are available in the office during office hours.
You may also order tickets through the Loons by contacting Tony Garant at 989-837-6137 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to mention that you are with the MACC (Midland Area Catholic Community) group.
Ireland and Scotland Pilgrimage
It’s not too late to join Fr. Andy for a 10 day pilgrimage to Ireland and Scotland October 15-27. For more details go to https://rebrand.ly/frandyireland2019 or call Canterbury Pilgrimages at (800) 653-0017. Registrations close August 15, 2019.