LENTEN CALENDAR - individual Rite (private confessions) NOT Cancelled
Prayer, Fast, Giving
Individual Rite (private confessions) NOT Cancelled
- On each of these evenings, priests will be present to spend time with those who wish to celebrate the Sacrament in this fashion. It will be an opportunity for one-to-one private confessing and discerning where the Grace of the Sacrament might guide you on your journey of faith and Life.
- Tues, Mar. 17 7-9pm at St Brigid
- Tues, Mar. 24 7-9pm at St Brigid
Individual Rite (private confessions) Other Scheduled Opportunities (check if cancelled)
- Thurs, Apr. 2/ 7:00pm, - Our Lady - Sanford
- 12-1pm - Blessed Sacrament (1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays)
- 3-4 pm - Assumption
- 3-4pm Our Lady - Sanford
- 4:30-5pm - Our Lady - Edenville
- 4:15pm-5pm - Saint Brigid
Magnificent Mondays Lenten Movie Nights - A Video Tour of Biblical Sites @ Assumption (CANCELLED)
- March 16 , 23, 30 / 6:30-8pm (CANCELLED)
Women’s Book Study @ Assumption (CANCELLED)
- Lenten book study of “The Women of Easter” by Liz Curtis Higgs (CANCELLED)
- Wednesday’s March 4 thru April 15th / 1-2:30pm - CANCELLED
Explore the Catechism @ Assumption (CANCELLED)
- How’ and ‘why’ of the drafting of our ‘new catechism’, and read a portion to to get a flavor of its approach.
- March 18 / 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Meditative Walk @ Blessed Sacrament, (CANCELLED)
- Wednesdays, March 4 - April 1 - 6:30pm
Prayer and/or Soup Opportunity (CANCELLED)
- Soup/Speaker at OLOG-Sanford, Wedn. Mar. 18 and April 1 - 6:00pm
- Taize Prayer/Soup at Blessed Sacrament, Wed, March 25/Soup 6pm, Prayer 7pm
- Soup Supper at Blessed Sacrmament, Sat. Mar, 28, 6pm
Communal Celebration (reconciliation) (CANCELLED)
- This service will begin with song, include scripture and homily and then offer the opportunity to briefly share with one of the priests present the healing, grace and forgiveness which you seek.
- Sun, Mar. 15, 2:00 pm at Blessed Sacrament
- Tues, Mar. 31 7:00pm at Our Lady - Sanford
Stations of the Cross (CANCELLED)
- Tuesdays 7pm / Our Lady—Edenville (soup served at 6pm)
- Tuesdays 6:30pm / Saint Brigid after Mass
- Fridays 7pm / Blessed Sacrament CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Fridays 7pm / Our Lady—Sanford
Lenten Weekday Masses (CANCELLED)
- Tues-Fri, 8:30am Assumption
- Tues & Thurs*, 8:30am Blessed Sacrament
- Tues-Fri, 9:00am Our Lady—Sanford
- Mon & Thurs, 12:05pm Saint Brigid
- Tues, 5:30pm Saint Brigid
- Wed*, 8:30am Saint Brigid
*Mass w/school children
Current Month's Parish Calendar
NEXT Month's Parish Calendar
The seasons of the Catholic Church follow one universal liturgical calendar, which begins the First Sunday of Advent and ends the Saturday, after Christ the King.
"The liturgical year is made up of six seasons:
Advent - four weeks of preparation before the celebration of Jesus' birth.
Christmas - recalling the Nativity of Jesus Christ and his manifestation to the peoples of the world. "The liturgical season of Christmas begins with the vigil Masses on Christmas Eve and concludes on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord." USCCB
Lent - a six-week period of penance before Easter.
Sacred Paschal Triduum (Trid-u-um)- the holiest "Three Days" of the Church's year, where the Christian people recall the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Easter Triduum begins with the evening Mass on Holy Thursday, closes with Evening Prayer on Easter Sunday.
Easter - 50 days of joyful celebration of the Lord's resurrection from the dead and his sending forth of the Holy Spirit
Ordinary Time - divided into two sections (one span of 4-8 weeks after Christmas Time and another lasting about six months after Easter Time), wherein the faithful consider the fullness of Jesus' teachings and works among his people." USCCB