Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio, Video
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
My name is Matt Glaccum. One of the ways I have found to give back to the community over the past five years is to work in the parish garden. I am proof that you don’t need to be a master gardener to do so! The only qualification is a willingness to put in the time and effort when you can to help bring the Lord’s bounty to those who need it (such as by tilling the soil, pulling weeds or tending the plants).
The produce from the garden goes to Hidden Harvest and others to help get it where it is needed the most.
Helping others while enjoying the beauty of His creation in the green that grows–with the fellowship of like-minded folks, a wonderful way to take in the cool of the morning or the ending of the day.
Assumption Garden Update
Saturday morning, there was a tremendous turnout of volunteers to help plant the church garden. Thanks to all of you for making this event happen in between rains. Several of the group helped with the installation of the pole system for growing pole beans this year. We are looking forward to a bountiful harvest. Watch for further updates.
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We reached our goal of $1,500 for the cost of the food truck, $1,518.25.
- We have reached our goal for volunteers!
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
Middle School and High School Students…
Thursday, July 25th Food Pantry Truck Distribution
Here at Assumption 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m. Contact Mrs. Russell with questions or to volunteer!! Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org “
The generous will be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.” ~ Proverbs 22:9
A Prayer of Summer Joy
- Loving God, We give you thanks for the beauty of summer.
- Let us join with other creatures in emerging from winter darkness into the full light of the season.
- May love emerge in us as well, giving rise to praise for you and for the gifts of your creation.
- Help us to weather the storms that hit without warning and do damage to heart and soul.
- Turn our faces towards the sun and let joy be the mantle we carry throughout this blessed time. In your holy name, we pray. Amen.
Vacation Bible School was a wild adventure!
We couldn’t have done it without our ROAR-some volunteers from our parish:
Mary Bassett, Roman DeSantis, Maria Dvorak, Ethan and Zach Dzurka, Tim Farkas, Carissa and Greg Farnum, Chelsea Fenton, Keaton and Merrick Hocking, Al Kanar, Jeanette Loveless, Carol Maciag, Susan Nash, McKenna Spindler, Xavier Wisneski
Also, thank you to all the parishioners that made supply donations and covered costs so ALL children that wanted to attend were able to. God is Good!!
Thanks to Fr. Joe and our parish for the use of the space here at Assumption.
All are welcome to join Rev. William J. Rutkowski, Vicar General, in honoring and giving thanks for the men and women who have fought to protect our freedom and religious liberty. At the conclusion of Mass, a procession to the Saginaw Veterans Memorial Plaza will take place followed by a reception in the parish hall. Refreshments will be served.
GREAT LAKES LOONS OUTING, Sunday August 18, @ 2:05 pm
- Step up to the plate and join your fellow MACC parishioners on as the Great Lakes Loons battle the South Bend Cubs.
- Hear the MACC choir sing the National Anthem and cheer on the Loons.
- Tickets are $23 (pavilion, including buffet meal from 6-8pm) and $7 (lawn, ticket only).
- You may buy tickets in the gathering space after most weekend Masses or tickets are available in the office during office hours.
You may also order tickets through the Loons by contacting Tony Garant at 989-837-6137 or by email at email@example.com. Be sure to mention that you are with the MACC (Midland Area Catholic Community) group.
the 2nd MACC Mission “Becoming Saints - Day by Day” planning is underway!
- Presenters: Fr. Fran Daly S.J. and Sr. Kathie Budesky I.H.M.
- Concert on Wednesday, October 30th ValLimar Jansen at Assumption
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.
- Mass, Presentations, Dinners, Baby Sitting, Mini-VBS, Concert and More!
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes. All interested in helping plan and implement this event are invited to an informational session on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:30pm, at Assumption. For further information or to RSVP for the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for the mission will begin in August.
Growing to KNOW God's Gifts, Sept 28 thru Oct 27 Four weeks to reflect on our blessings.
BECOMING DISCIPLES - DAY BY DAY - OCT 27 - OCT 30 MACC PARTNERSHIP MISSION
GROWING TO SHARE GOD'S GIFTS, NOVEMBER 2/3 THROUGH TO THANKSGIVING DAY NOV 28, Our Stewardship commitments lead us to Thanksgiving (the turkey feast and the ongoing attitude of gratitude)…