Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio, Video
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
My name is Don Martinski. I am a volunteer for the Food Truck at Assumption.
Last year I was asked by the chairperson of the Food Truck, Sue Barta, to organize the loading of the cars, 150 or more, in the parking lot for the free grocery pick-up. I met with the food truck personnel at St. Johns Parish-food giveaway, to learn the safe way to pass out free food to a large group of people without the volunteers getting hurt. We will make it a safe, respectable, and organized event so everyone gets fed.
Doing this volunteer work helps me feel that I am doing God’s work to feed the hungry.
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- We are in need of boxes to put the food items into for the people receiving food. It needs to be a good size but not so big it won’t fit in a grocery cart. Please put in the designated area in the gathering space. Thank you!
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
Middle School and High School Students…
Thursday, July 25th Food Pantry Truck Distribution
Here at Assumption 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m. Contact Mrs. Russell with questions or to volunteer!! Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org “
The generous will be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.” ~ Proverbs 22:9
Soup Kitchen Volunteers
Assumption provides lunch servers at the Open Door soup kitchen on the 1st Wednesday and 3rd Saturday of every month. If you would like to try out this ministry, please contact the parish office or call Ray at 631-5160.
John Paul II Summer HS Youth Ministry Gathering July 24th, register by July 17
Cost: $20 Canoe, Kayak or Tube the Cedar River, Gladwin. Includes: Lunch, River Trip, Mass and BBQ Dinner!!
Registration forms are in the gathering space and in the parish office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Kathy Russell at: Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org
Registration deadline: Wednesday, July 17th!
Manus Dei (Hand of God) Middle School Service Retreat Aug. 19-21, 2019 @ St Brigid, by July 17
- Location: Saint Brigid Catholic Church
- Cost: $30 per ABVM attendee
- For more information contact Kathy Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Deadline: July 17th
GREAT LAKES LOONS OUTING, Sunday August 18, @ 2:05 pm
Get your tickets soon!
Step up to the plate and join your fellow MACC parishioners on
SUNDAY, AUGUST 18th (2:05 pm game) as the Great Lakes Loons battle the South Bend Cubs. Hear the MACC choir sing the National Anthem and cheer on the Loons.
Tickets are $23 (pavilion, including buffet meal from 1-3 pm) and $7 (lawn, ticket only)
Make checks payable to the Great Lakes Loons.
You may buy tickets in the gathering space after most weekend Masses or tickets are available in the office during office hours.
You may also order tickets through the Loons by contacting Tony Garant at 989-837-6137 or by email at email@example.com.
Be sure to mention that you are with the MACC (Midland Area Catholic Community) group.
Hey 6th, 7th and 8th Graders! Wanna go to KOKOMO’S?, Thur, Aug 29, 1-4 pm, Cost: $17. Register by Aug 22
- Includes: Unlimited FUN!
- Laser Tag! Miniature Golf!
- Bumper Boats! Go-Carts!
- Plus 1 slice of pizza & 1 small pop!
Contact Kathy Russell or see the registration form in the gathering space for more information. Registration deadline: Thursday, August 22nd.
the 2nd MACC Mission “Becoming Saints - Day by Day” planning is underway!
- Presenters: Fr. Fran Daly S.J. and Sr. Kathie Budesky I.H.M.
- Concert on Wednesday, October 30th ValLimar Jansen at Assumption
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.
- Mass, Presentations, Dinners, Baby Sitting, Mini-VBS, Concert and More!
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes. All interested in helping plan and implement this event are invited to an informational session on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:30pm, at Assumption. For further information or to RSVP for the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for the mission will begin in August.
Growing to KNOW God's Gifts, Sept 28 thru Oct 27 Four weeks to reflect on our blessings.
BECOMING DISCIPLES - DAY BY DAY - OCT 27 - OCT 30 MACC PARTNERSHIP MISSION
GROWING TO SHARE GOD'S GIFTS, NOVEMBER 2/3 THROUGH TO THANKSGIVING DAY NOV 28, Our Stewardship commitments lead us to Thanksgiving (the turkey feast and the ongoing attitude of gratitude)…