Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio, Video
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
Sixth Sunday of Easter
Mass, Saturday 4:30 pm, Sunday 9:30 am
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” John (14:27)
Catholic Diocese of Saginaw Priests’ Retirement Fund Collection Father’s Day Weekend – June 15/16
- Our retired diocesan priests continue to impact the lives of thousands of people each year. These men, who have dedicated their lives to the church, have very modest incomes. The diocese Priests’ Retirement Fund helps to support those priests who are currently retired and those who are now serving the Catholic Diocese in their futures.
- Please carefully and prayerfully consider a donation to this fund. Envelopes for this special collection are in your regular envelope packet.
- You can also support our priests in these ways: Pray for our priests, Make a charitable distribution from your financial portfolio, Consider remembering the Priests’ Retirement Fund in your estate planning.
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We reached our goal of $1,500 for the cost of the food truck, $1,518.25.
- We have 40 volunteers signed up, still need 40 more
- Please sign up to help those in need of food for their table.
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
Stitch and Prayer SEWING GROUP New Leadership
- Beginning on June 1st, the Stitch and Prayer Group will have a new leadership team. We are blessed to have Laura Ornelas and Kathie Grzesiak.
- Co-leaders, Lori Jones and Connie Walenga as co-secretaries, and Kathy Curtis as treasurer.
- We will begin our summer recess in June (with no business meetings until September) and conduct chat sessions on the 4th Monday of the month as we have done previously.
- Chat sessions are held at 10:00 a.m. in the multi-purpose room.
- Ann Buzanowski and Ruth Gulvas want to thank Fr. Joe and his amazing staff for all the support and encouragement we have received over the past 10 years.
HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE GRADUATES, Sunday, June 2nd at 9:30 am Mass
- Thanks to our graduates who filled out their information sheets and will be joining us for Mass with their families.
- Watch the bulletin next weekend for an insert on our High School and College grads.
- Please wear your gown!
- If you have any questions, call Kathy Russell in the office at 631-4447!
Middle School and High School Students…
Vacation Bible School @ Assumption, jUNE 17 TO jUNE 20, register by June 10
- NEW THIS YEAR – REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE BEGINNING APRIL 22!
- Deadline June 10th for registration, payment, and turn in medical forms.
- Volunteers (middle school through adult age) needed!, we can’t do it without YOU!
- Participants can be 4 years old thru current 4th graders. (4 year olds must be preschool ready)
- 9 am until noon at Assumption, Life is Wild—God is Good!
- More information VBS advertisement.
- $25.00 for 1st child (includes Sing & Play Roar music)
- $45.00 for 2 children
- $65 for three or more siblings in same family
- Space is limited—Register early!
- Contact Sarah with any questions and/or to volunteer.
- VBS Donations Needed! Please visit the tri-fold board in the gathering space to see what supplies we need. Take a request slip (OR TWO) if you can help us out. Return each request slip with the donation by June 10th to the rolling table cart in the gathering space or the parish office. Thank you!!
FATHER’S DAY BREAKFAST will be served after 9:30 am Mass, June 16th
Bring your dad and/or the family!
Please RSVP—there is a sign-up sheet in the gathering space or call the office to sign-up. Thanks!
Assumption Parish Golf Outing SUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2019 1:00 p.m. Currie East Course, sign up by June 16
- All are welcome from ages 16 to 96 (and children who know how to golf).
- 4 person teams will scramble for a day of fun and festivities.
- Come with a partner or we will match you with someone to play with.
- We will share lunch and laughter after our attempt to be under par.
- Cost per golfer is: $22.00 (includes 9 holes of golf, cart, lunch & fun).
- Space is limited so sign up RIGHT AWAY!!!
- Sign-up in the entrance of church or in the office by: June 16th
the 2nd MACC Mission “Becoming Saints - Day by Day” planning is underway!
- Presenters: Fr. Fran Daly S.J. and Sr. Kathie Budesky I.H.M.
- Concert on Wednesday, October 30th ValLimar Jansen at Assumption
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.
- Mass, Presentations, Dinners, Baby Sitting, Mini-VBS, Concert and More!