Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
Sixth Sunday of Easter
Mass, Saturday 4:30 pm, Sunday 9:30 am
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” John (14:27)
BLOOD DRIVE Monday, May 20, 2:00 pm-7:00 pm
- It’s in you to give blood. Knights of Columbus Fr. Henry P. DuRussel Council #2141, 3516 E. Monroe Rd., Midland 1-866-MIBLOOD, miblood.org
- Photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID REQUIRED, Please eat before donating.
- Appointment Preferred Questions? Call 1-866-MIBLOOD
Take the Challenge! Put Your Faith into Action Youth Encounter Service, June 23-28, register
- Sponsored by: Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, June 23-28, 2019
- ABVM cost: $75. Registration deadline: May 12th (space is limited!)
- You can do something important this summer! Join other Catholic high school youth learn about & fight poverty, and reach out to the poor of Saginaw.
- Questions: Contact Kathy Russell
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We reached our goal of $1,500 for the cost of the food truck, $1,518.25.
- We have 40 volunteers signed up, still need 40 more
- Please sign up to help those in need of food for their table.
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE GRADUATES, Sunday, June 2nd at 9:30 am Mass. Confirm by This Week
- An invitation was sent out to all high school graduates. If you did not receive one, please call the parish office.
- College graduates and families are invited also to the Mass and continental breakfast.
- We do not send out invitations to our college graduates, but if you are graduating, please call the parish office or email to Kathy at email@example.com.
- Let us know where you are graduating from, your degree, future plans and also if you and your family will be able to attend Mass and breakfast.
***If you have not yet gotten your information into the parish office, please do so this week.***
Vacation Bible School @ Assumption, jUNE 17 TO jUNE 20, register by June 10
- NEW THIS YEAR – REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE BEGINNING APRIL 22!
- Deadline June 10th for registration, payment, and turn in medical forms.
- Volunteers (middle school through adult age) needed!, we can’t do it without YOU!
- Participants can be 4 years old thru current 4th graders. (4 year olds must be preschool ready)
- 9 am until noon at Assumption, Life is Wild—God is Good!
- More information VBS advertisement.
- $25.00 for 1st child (includes Sing & Play Roar music)
- $45.00 for 2 children
- $65 for three or more siblings in same family
- Space is limited—Register early!
- Contact Sarah with any questions and/or to volunteer.
- VBS Donations Needed! Please visit the tri-fold board in the gathering space to see what supplies we need. Take a request slip (OR TWO) if you can help us out. Return each request slip with the donation by June 10th to the rolling table cart in the gathering space or the parish office. Thank you!!
Assumption Parish Golf Outing SUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2019 1:00 p.m. Currie East Course, sign up by June 16
- All are welcome from ages 16 to 96 (and children who know how to golf).
- 4 person teams will scramble for a day of fun and festivities.
- Come with a partner or we will match you with someone to play with.
- We will share lunch and laughter after our attempt to be under par.
- Cost per golfer is: $22.00 (includes 9 holes of golf, cart, lunch & fun).
- Space is limited so sign up RIGHT AWAY!!!
- Sign-up in the entrance of church or in the office by: June 16th
the 2nd MACC Mission “Becoming Saints - Day by Day” planning is underway!
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.