Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
Holy Week Calendar & Lenten Guidance, Catholics Services Appeal
Easter Triduum Schedule"The Easter Triduum begins with the evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday, reaches its high point in the Easter Vigil, and closes with Evening Prayer on Easter Sunday. "
- 5:30 pm Parish Potluck
- 7:00 pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- 10:00 pm Night Prayer
- 1:00 pm Service
- 10:00 am Serving at Open Door
- 11:00 am Blessing of Food
- 8:30 pm Easter Vigil Mass
- 9:30 am Mass
- Easter Egg Hunt After Mass
Easter Egg Hunt, after 9:30 am Easter Mass, meet in multi-purpose room
- Hocking family and Mary Smith will be hosting the annual Easter Egg Hunt after 9:30 am Easter Sunday Mass, April 21st.
- Eggs will already be filled, for ages 12 and under.
- Join us in the Multi-Purpose room for some brief instructions before the fun begins.
LIVE STREAMING OF HOLY WEEK MASSES AND SERVICES
At the Cathedral of Mary of the Assumption, Saginaw, Mass will be available for viewing through the Diocesan Website “Media Center”.
- Sunday, April 14, 10:00 a.m.—Palm Sunday Mass,
- Tuesday, April 16, 10:30 a.m.—Chrism Mass,
- Thurs, April 18, 7:00 p.m.—Mass of the Lord’s Supper,
- Friday, April 19, 1:00 p.m.—Good Friday Services,
- Sunday, April 21, 10:00 a.m.—Easter Sunday Mass
- White Books - Little white books are available in the gathering space for daily reflection during the Easter Season.
- FORMED - massive library of video resources on Catholic faith and life and Daily Lenten reflections. Access code.
- DYNAMIC CATHOLIC - offers the Best Lent Ever series of daily reflections.
- FRANCISCANMEDIA - daily reflections from Fr. Richard Rohr.
- DAVID HAAS - David, liturgical composer and author, signup for DAILY LIVING REMINDER.
- SAGINAW.ORG - diocesan website provides access to a wide variety of information about Lent and ways to celebrate the season. "Helpful Lenten Resources"
- ASSUMPTIONMARY.ORG - parish website access to many Catholic resources and websites.
ABVM SPRING RUMMAGE SALE Update! total sales of $5,621
The Rummage Team would like to extend our sincere appreciation to the parishioners and volunteers for the generous donations and time to the Spring Sales. A total sales of $5,621 ($5,303) will be distributed to 10 local and national charities. Please continue to collect your unwanted items throughout the summer months as we will be returning in October seeking donations for the Fall Sales. Mai Nguyen and Pat Ames
BLOOD DRIVE Monday, May 20, 2:00 pm-7:00 pm
- It’s in you to give blood. Knights of Columbus Fr. Henry P. DuRussel Council #2141, 3516 E. Monroe Rd., Midland 1-866-MIBLOOD, miblood.org
- Photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID REQUIRED
- Appointment Preferred Questions? Call 1-866-MIBLOOD
Take the Challenge! Put Your Faith into Action Youth Encounter Service, June 23-28, register
- Sponsored by: Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, June 23-28, 2019
- ABVM cost: $75. Registration deadline: May 12th (space is limited!)
- You can do something important this summer! Join other Catholic high school youth learn about & fight poverty, and reach out to the poor of Saginaw.
- Questions: Contact Kathy Russell
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We reached our goal of $1,500 for the cost of the food truck, $1,518.25.
- We have 40 volunteers signed up, still need 40 more
- Please sign up to help those in need of food for their table.
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
- Sacramental Preparation is held on the same days regular CFF has their sessions beginning Jan. 27. Children planning to receive Sacraments and at least one parent must attend these sessions. SAVE THE DATES
- First Reconciliation: Saturday, Feb. 16 (10am-12noon) at ABVM
- Confirmation: Saturday, May 4 (2pm) at Blessed Sacrament
- First Eucharist: Sunday, May 5 (9:30am) at ABVM
HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE GRADUATES, Sunday, June 2nd at 9:30 am Mass. Confirm by May 6th
- We would like to celebrate with you on Sunday, June 2nd at the 9:30 am Mass.
- An invitation was sent out to all high school graduates.
- If you did not receive one, please call the parish office. College graduates and families are invited also to the Mass and continental breakfast.
- We do not send out invitations to our college graduates, but if you are graduating, please call the parish office or email to Kathy. Let us know where you are graduating from, your degree, future plans and also if you and your family will be able to attend Mass and breakfast.
- Please respond on or before May 6th.
- Early registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin for all grades (Preschool thru High School).
- Please pick up your packet in the gathering space. Return all completed forms to the office by the first weekend in May.
- Join us next year as we explore and celebrate the theme:
- WITNESS: SHOW AND TELL OUR STORY
- Thank you, Kathy and Sarah
Vacation Bible School @ Assumption, jUNE 17 TO jUNE 20, register by June 10
- NEW THIS YEAR – REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE BEGINNING APRIL 22!
- Deadline June 10th for registration, payment, and turn in medical forms.
- Volunteers (middle school through adult age) needed!, we can’t do it without YOU!
- 9 am until noon at Assumption, Life is Wild—God is Good!
- More information VBS advertisement.
- $25.00 for 1st child (includes Sing & Play Roar music)
- $45.00 for 2 children
- $65 for three or more siblings in same family
- Space is limited—Register early!
- Contact Sarah with any questions and/or to volunteer.