Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule: Please note that if the Midland Public Schools are closed or on delay, weekday Mass is cancelled!
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
- Today's Scripture: Text, Audio, Video
- "A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
- Jesuit Prayer/Daily Reflection
- Saint of the Day - (audio click name)
Directions, Church/Office Hours
The Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
Mass, Saturday 4:30 pm, Sunday 9:30 am, Scripture,
“I am the living bread that came down from heaven, says the Lord; whoever eats this bread will live forever." Jn 6:51
My name is Ann Buzanowski. I was the child in grade school who was terrified of reading aloud in class. I struggled with phonetics and was frequently teased for my mistakes which were exaggerated by my booming voice. I was ashamed by my lack of skill, but God had different plans for me.
Eventually, I overcame my reading problems and developed a passion for reading Scripture and prayer. When I was asked to read at a friend’s wedding my insecurities returned, but I went to God in prayer and asked him to be my voice. To my amazement, the words of St. Paul fell from my lips with confidence and conviction. That day I was asked to become a lector and I humbly agreed. I am blessed and proud to serve as a reader at Assumption.
Catholic Diocese of Saginaw Priests’ Retirement Fund Collection Father’s Day Weekend – June 15/16
- Our retired diocesan priests continue to impact the lives of thousands of people each year. These men, who have dedicated their lives to the church, have very modest incomes.
- The diocese Priests’ Retirement Fund helps to support those priests who are currently retired and those who are now serving the Catholic Diocese in their futures.
- Please carefully and prayerfully consider a donation to this fund. Envelopes for this special collection are in your regular envelope packet.
- You can also support our priests in these ways: Pray for our priests, Make a charitable distribution from your financial portfolio, Consider remembering the Priests’ Retirement Fund in your estate planning.
Assumption Garden Update
Saturday morning, there was a tremendous turnout of volunteers to help plant the church garden. Thanks to all of you for making this event happen in between rains. Several of the group helped with the installation of the pole system for growing pole beans this year. We are looking forward to a bountiful harvest. Watch for further updates.
FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK, Thursday, July 25, 2019, Assumption
- See MOBILE FOOD PANTRY DISTRIBUTION TRUCK in welcome center to signup.
- We reached our goal of $1,500 for the cost of the food truck, $1,518.25.
- We have 50 volunteers signed up, still need 30 more
- Please sign up to help those in need of food for their table.
- We will pre-assign you a job depending on the area of need. Questions? email Cathy or call 631-4447.
Middle School and High School Students…
Thursday, July 25th Food Pantry Truck Distribution
Here at Assumption 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m. Contact Mrs. Russell with questions or to volunteer!! Kathyr@assumptionmidland.org “
The generous will be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.” ~ Proverbs 22:9
FATHER’S DAY BREAKFAST will be served after 9:30 am Mass, June 16th
- Bring your dad and/or the family!
- Please RSVP—there is a sign-up sheet in the gathering space or call the office to sign-up. Thanks!
Middle School and High School Students…
- Vacation Bible School Monday, June 17 to Thursday, June 20 9am until noon at Assumption
- Life is Wild—God is Good! Don’t forget:
- Daily sign in and out of your child is required.
- Send children in play clothes that can get messy and safe shoes.
- Everyone is invited for our final assembly Thursday,
- June 20 at 11:35am in the church.
- VBS Donations Update: Thank you to all who donated supplies and funds to make this coming week possible.
Do you have an hour or two to spare???
VBS set up will begin at 1pm on Sunday June 16—anyone who has some time in the afternoon is welcome to stop by and help us out. We appreciate the extra set of paws to prepare our spaces for a WILD time!
Assumption Parish Golf Outing SUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2019 1:00 p.m. Currie East Course, sign up by June 16
- All are welcome from ages 16 to 96 (and children who know how to golf).
- 4 person teams will scramble for a day of fun and festivities.
- Come with a partner or we will match you with someone to play with.
- We will share lunch and laughter after our attempt to be under par.
- Cost per golfer is: $22.00 (includes 9 holes of golf, cart, lunch & fun).
- Space is limited so sign up RIGHT AWAY!!!
- Sign-up in the entrance of church or in the office by: June 16th
All are welcome to join Rev. William J. Rutkowski, Vicar General, in honoring and giving thanks for the men and women who have fought to protect our freedom and religious liberty. At the conclusion of Mass, a procession to the Saginaw Veterans Memorial Plaza will take place followed by a reception in the parish hall. Refreshments will be served.
GREAT LAKES LOONS OUTING, Sunday August 18, @ 2:05 pm
- Step up to the plate and join your fellow MACC parishioners on as the Great Lakes Loons battle the South Bend Cubs.
- Hear the MACC choir sing the National Anthem and cheer on the Loons.
- Tickets are $23 (pavilion, including buffet meal from 6-8pm) and $7 (lawn, ticket only).
- You may buy tickets in the gathering space after most weekend Masses or tickets are available in the office during office hours.
You may also order tickets through the Loons by contacting Tony Garant at 989-837-6137 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention that you are with the MACC (Midland Area Catholic Community) group.
the 2nd MACC Mission “Becoming Saints - Day by Day” planning is underway!
- Presenters: Fr. Fran Daly S.J. and Sr. Kathie Budesky I.H.M.
- Concert on Wednesday, October 30th ValLimar Jansen at Assumption
- The mission will occur from October 27-30, 2019, with events at each of our four MACC member parishes.
- Mass, Presentations, Dinners, Baby Sitting, Mini-VBS, Concert and More!
Growing to KNOW God's Gifts, Sept 28 thru Oct 27 Four weeks to reflect on our blessings.
BECOMING DISCIPLES - DAY BY DAY - OCT 27 - OCT 30 MACC PARTNERSHIP MISSION
GROWING TO SHARE GOD'S GIFTS, NOVEMBER 2/3 THROUGH TO THANKSGIVING DAY NOV 28, Our Stewardship commitments lead us to Thanksgiving (the turkey feast and the ongoing attitude of gratitude)…