Welcome to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
We are a Catholic community of welcome and warmth sharing growth as we seek to develop as disciples of Jesus using the four pillars of Christian discipleship: Community, Message, Worship, and Service.
- Community - Created for and called to spreading God's love and mercy throughout parish family and surrounding community through spiritual and social opportunities,
- Message - Sharing the Good News of God's Love, mercy and redemption to all through Faith Adult, Faith Youth Ministry, Faith Children, and Sacramental Preparation,
- Worship - Gathering to gratefully share prayer as we participate in the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist,
- Christian Service - Using the gifts God has entrusted to us to serve God by helping those in need.
Mass and Rosary Schedule:
- Saturday Mass at 4:30 pm
- Sunday Mass at 9:30 am
- Monday Word and Communion Services at 8:30 am
- Tuesday-Friday Mass 8:30 am
- Rosary Monday-Friday 8:00 am
Confession Sat 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - Lent, or by appointment
"A Second's Thought" by Fr Joe
Church opens 7:30 am, Mon-Fri, pray and/or meditate
Office hours 8:30 am - 4 pm Mon-Fri. Calendar seasonal hours
This weekend's Mass
Join us for 4:30 pm Mass on Saturday or 9:30 am Mass on Sunday
Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time
“Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give, and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you.” Luke 6:37-38
BLOOD DRIVE Monday, Mar 18, 2:00pm-7:00pm
- It’s in you to give blood. Knights of Columbus Fr. Henry P. DuRussel Council #2141, 3516 E. Monroe Rd., Midland 1-866-MIBLOOD, miblood.org
- Photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID REQUIRED
- Appointment Preferred Questions? Call 1-866-MIBLOOD
volunteer - Friendship Ministry to the sick and Lonely - NEW!
- We are starting a new outreach ministry and you can be a part of it.
- This program, Friendship Ministry to the Lonely, is our hope to connect in the lives of the lonely and sick members of our community with love and compassion.
- We are looking to build friendly connections between these often, overlooked individuals and those who are willing to share their time and establish a relationship with them.
- If you are interested in more information, please call Marlene, Barb or Maria. Yours in Christ, The Christian Service Commission Marlene Saotome (989) 859-2488, Barbara Junga (989) 948-1239, Maria Dvorak (989) 948-9740
Wild Goose Series at Assumption - The Holy Spirit!
A five week series of getting to know more about the third person of the Trinity…The Holy Spirit! Introductory Video, Study Guide and more. Each session is unique so you do not need to attend all the sessions.
Sunday after Mass. Also Monday evenings at 6:30 pm, and Thursday mornings at 9:30 am. The weekly sessions will be scheduled until February 21st. Sign–up sheets will be at the Welcome Center.
Book Study, Feb 20, 1:00pm - "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver
The Book Study will begin on Feb. 20th at 1:00pm in Holy Grounds. The book that has been selected is Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. The sign up sheet will continue to be available at the Welcome Circle until February 17th. Books will be provided. If you have questions, you may call Mary Smith (989) 245-2479 or Maria Dvorak (989) 948-9740.
Cajun Inspired Dinner, Live Music, Bingo, Teen Hangout Area, Wine and Beer Tasting, Children's Face Painting, Games and Craft Area. Silent Auction Too! - Seeking silent auction donations from parishioners, business owners, and/or families of business owners that we can include in the silent auction. Donate by Feb 24. Call Sarah Hocking 631-4447.
Magnificent Mondays, Mar 11 to April 18, ABVM Holy Grounds, 6:30-8:00pm
Come travel back to Israel. See where Jesus performed the miracles we will hear in the gospels during Lent and learn more about Jesus’ ministry. You don’t want to miss this trip! And you can see it all in the comfort of Holy Grounds. Good fellowship and snacks are provided.
Book your trip now at the Welcome Circle or call the office, 989-631-4447 and ask for Cathy Converse. Mondays March 11th thru April 18th, Assumption Holy Grounds 6:30-8:00pm
Drawing March 14, 2019, 2019 Big Raffle Prizes* are:
- Grand Prize: NEW Chevrolet Spark or $10,000, $5,000 Home Improvement Project, Airfare for TWO to anywhere in the continental United States, Apple iPad, Computer laptop. * In the unlikely event that less than 10,000 tickets are sold, there will be one cash prize of $5,000 awarded.
- Buy Tickets Online or Welcome Center after Mass
Sacramental Preparation is held on the same days regular CFF has their sessions beginning Jan. 27. Children planning to receive Sacraments and at least one parent must attend these sessions. SAVE THE DATES