Vacation Bible School (VBS)
Vacation Bible School @ Assumption, jUNE 17 TO jUNE 20, register by June 10
- NEW THIS YEAR – REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE BEGINNING APRIL 22!
- Deadline June 10th for registration, payment, and turn in medical forms.
- Volunteers (middle school through adult age) needed!, we can’t do it without YOU!
- Participants can be 4 years old thru current 4th graders. (4 year olds must be preschool ready)
- 9 am until noon at Assumption, Life is Wild—God is Good!
- More information on this VBS advertisement.
- $25.00 for 1st child (includes Sing & Play Roar music)
- $45.00 for 2 children
- $65 for three or more siblings in same family
- Space is limited—Register early!
- Contact Sarah with any questions and/or to volunteer.
- VBS Donations Needed! Please visit the tri-fold board in the gathering space to see what supplies we need. Take a request slip (OR TWO) if you can help us out. Return each request slip with the donation by June 10th to the rolling table cart in the gathering space or the parish office. Thank you!!
trust and Safety
To foster and maintain an atmosphere of trust and safety in its ministry to minors, Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish follows the Standards of Ministerial Behavior for Those Working with Children and Young People, established by the Diocese of Saginaw. We will set appropriate boundaries to assure a safe place for our children and young people in all church ministries and programs. For further information and full documentations of these Standards of Behavior, please visit the Diocese of Saginaw website.
Children's Faith Formation Program
- Our children’s faith formation program supports spiritual growth for pre-school, kindergarten, and grades 1-5.
- Children in these grades meet on Sunday morning after Mass at 10:45 am until noon.
- Our preschool catechist utilizes a lectionary-based curriculum that allows the Sunday readings to come alive in an exciting, interactive way for our preschoolers.
- Kindergarteners experience God through Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Please see a description of this program in the next section below.
- Our 1st grade through 5th grade curriculum is Christ Our Life series by Loyola Press. This program was developed according to the four pillars of the Catechism of the Catholic Church: what Catholics believe, how we worship, how we live and how we pray. Using an integrated approach, the essentials of Catholic teaching are presented to the children in a way that helps them to learn about and deepen their faith.
- Several times a year we also come together with our families and parish community for special celebrations and service projects.
- To enroll please print out and complete the registration forms, or listed below. Return the completed forms to the parish office (open Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. until 4:00 P.M).
- Please email your questions to Children’s Formation Coordinator, Sarah Hocking, or call at 989-631-4447.
The Sacrament of Confirmation was celebrated Saturday, May 4, 2019 at Blessed Sacrament
Nolan Collison, Maria DeSantis, Sarah English, Mallory Hoeh, Sophia LaLonde, Lila Love, Autumn Luick, Henna McDonald, Adriana Mellana, Frank Nguyen, Hilary Nguyen
The Sacrament of First Eucharist was celebrated Sunday, May 5, 2019 at Assumption
Nolan Collison, Maria DeSantis, Sarah English, Mallory Hoeh, Sophia LaLonde, Lila Love, Autumn Luick, Henna McDonald, Frank Nguyen, Hilary Nguyen
the catechisis of the good shepherd
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Used at the kindergarten level. This is a program of faith formation that presents the most important realities of the catholic faith to the youngest members of the church. This is achieved by: 1) a prepared environment (atrium) and 2) a trained catechist whose sources are scripture and liturgy.
These presentations are chosen to convey the essentials of the faith in a manner appropriate to the child’s development. The child is then invited to internalize and respond to the presentation by working with the materials themselves. Photos of the Atrium.
CHILDREN’S LITURGY OF THE WORD (CLOW)
TAKES PLACE DURING THE SUNDAY 9:30 AM MASS
- Four, five, six (and seven year old who have not made their First Eucharist) are invited to attend CLOW during Sunday Mass.
- Children are dismissed from Mass after the Introductory Rite where they will hear and reflect on the Sunday readings at their age level, have a simple interactive Profession of Faith and pray for the needs of our world, the church and the community.
- They return to the larger assembly at the preparation of the gifts.
- In 2018-2019, we will meet every Sunday starting September 23, 2018 until June 9, 2019 except Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, and Easter Sunday. This program is free of charge and no pre-registration is required.